Everyone wishes to attain a luscious mane, to have ‘good hair days,’ and flaunt them confidently. Well, even though we aim at achieving so, various external factors do not work in our favour and deteriorate our hair structure. Some of us are blessed with amazing genes, but even then, one can strive hard to maintain a healthy scalp.
On should not skip their hair care regimen no matter how healthy their hair may appear. Every person should first understand their hair and scalp type. Observe how your hair behaves to certain things such as weather, products, water, etc. The most common dilemma everyone deals with is – Hair fall. It is not a concern that needs to be scared of but needs to be taken care of. With proper hair care, one can surely acquire a healthy scalp. Various reasons stand responsible for causing hair to fall. Let’s take a glance at the main factors that promote it –
- The use of chemical infused substances such as shampoos, oils, dyes, etc. highly damage the quality of your hair, leaving them lifeless. Such products should be avoided, and instead, one should opt for natural, organic brands for hair care products. Select the ones which are also paraben and sulfate-free.
- Unchecked and substantial hair fall can also be a predominant factor for loss of hair. A little ignorance can cost you a long way, so keeping track of your hair health is extremely important.
- Using heat emitting machines such as straighteners, curling irons, blow dryers tend to cause damage to the natural texture of your hair by making them very rough if used frequently. It is often advised to dry your wet, damp hair naturally rather than blow-drying every day.
- Another major factor affecting everyone is pollution. Corruption of air quality, increase in pollution, dust, dirt, and even water we use for washing our hair; – all these factors contribute to bad hair health.
- Hormones and genetic factors are also responsible here.
- Diet and age of a person.
- Stress and anxiety levels trigger hair loss at a greater degree, as well. Do not fail to notice the primary signs of hair loss, such as thinning of hair, scalp infections, itchy scalp, loss of hair in circular patches, etc.
Enough of the bad parts we say! If you are waiting for remedies treating hair loss, we’ve got you covered. Read along.
First and foremost, consult a specialist who will make you understand the root of the problem. He will carry a specific treatment for your issue, and apart from that, listed below are eight home remedies for growing long and healthy hair.
- Amla: This specific ingredient is a natural immunity booster making it the best option for treating hair problems. It is also rich in Vitamin C that prevents greying of hair at a young age.
How to use: You can apply amla in a few different ways.
- Combine best amla hair oil coconut oil, warm it up slightly for massaging.
- Take raw amla fruit. Dice it up and grind it to make a paste. Mixing oil is optional in this case.
- Massage these oil and mask thoroughly into the hair cuticles to get the best results.
- Add amla powder to crush Heena paste and apply it liberally on your hair.
- Onion Juice: To treat extensive hair loss, onion juice is super effective. It can trigger hair growth in areas where hair loss is extreme.
How to use: Blend raw onions properly to form a smooth paste. Extract all its juices by straining the pulp through a cotton or muslin cloth. Apply the juice on your scalp and wash it off with shampoo after an hour. Repeat this process twice a week.
- Egg mask: For rough and lifeless hair prone to hair fall, eggs are the best option. Eggs are power-packed with minerals, biotin, proteins, and B-complex vitamins that are vital hair nutrients. Biotin helps in straightening the roots of your hair. The nutrient present in eggs also stimulates new growth that will further add volume and thicken your crowning glory. Eggs grant great natural conditioners for your hair and are often employed to improve hair texture.
How to use: Crack an egg and separate the yolk. Wisk the yolk and apply it on your head. Leave it for half an hour and rinse thoroughly with shampoo or cleanser. Do not wash your hair with hot water, or else the egg will start solidifying. Repeat this once every week.
- Coconut Oil: An antidote to almost every concern is the coconut oil. It promotes hair growth and below in reducing protein loss from your hair.
How to use: Massage coconut oil into the scalp and leave overnight. Wash it off the next day, preferably with a shikakai and reetha shampoo. You can use the best jasmine hair oil as an alternative option.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera grants moisture to the scalp, helps in reducing frizziness and dandruff.
How to use: Aloe Vera pulp should be applied throughout the scalp and washed off after a couple of hours. You can repeat this process 3-4 times a week.
- Protein and Iron Intake: Make sure you increase your protein and iron intake as it facilitates proper hair growth. Include foods such as eggs, fish, nuts, white beans, pumpkins, etc. in your meals.
- Castor Oil: It is a natural booster for hair growth. It is easily available at any pharmacy. Castor oil also fights against dandruff and is often considered as a magic potion for growing new hair naturally.
How to use: Combine equal quantities of castor oil and coconut oil together and massage the oil mixture onto your hair. Rinse off with a cleanser or shampoo. Repeat this twice a week for faster results.
- Probiotics are Good: Yoghurt is a rich source of probiotics that foster quicker hair growth.
How to use: Apply Yoghurt mask on damp hair, leave for half an hour, and rinse off with a mild shampoo.