The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we lead our lives. It is affecting our lives in more ways than one.
Even when a major portion of the population is vaccinated and people maintain social distancing, the numbers increase again. We always need to remember that the virus is still here, and we need to continue taking necessary actions. It has taken the lives of thousands of people already.
You must continue using sanitizer, wearing masks, and avoiding all the protocols so that you can stop the disease from entering your house.
Now we will take you through a few solid tips that will help you disinfect the house.
- Keep Yourself Clean: Personal hygiene is one of the most effective things that you can do to protect yourself from Coronavirus. After you reach home from outside, make sure you sanitize yourself as well as take a bath. Take a hot shower with skin hygiene liquid after you reach home.
Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately after reaching the house. Do not touch others before you clean yourself properly. If you do not want your hands to get rough from frequent washing, then an ayurvedic hand sanitizer can also work well! Always carry it with yourself so that you can keep on sanitizing yourself every once in a while.
- Disinfect Common Touchpoints: You need to disinfect the frequently touched surfaces, such as switches, doorknobs, countertops, tables, remote, refrigerator door, etc. Use a disinfectant or just a cleaning solution to wipe the surfaces.
- Avoid Touching Your Eyes, Mouth, and Nose: If you want to take some serious steps against the COVID-19 pandemic, then stop touching your face. Do not rub your eyes, chew on your fingernails, or touch your nose.
The virus generally enters an individual’s body through the eyes, nose, and mouth. And if you have to, use an ayurvedic sanitizer before you touch your face.
- Wash Your Hands After Laundry: By now, we all know that the virus can survive for a long time on fabrics as well. Try to change into a fresh pair of clothes when you reach home.
Wash your hands when you complete washing your clothes and other items. This will make sure that the virus doesn’t transfer.
- Wash Bed Sheets, Towels, and Other Items: To maintain proper hygiene, you must wash the towels, kitchen napkins, bed covers, floor mats, etc.
Earlier, we used to wash them every two weeks or one week. But keeping the current situation in mind, we recommend you change bedsheets every couple of days. Wash your towels after each use. Do not forget mats and pillow covers, etc.
- Handle Food With Extra Care: Coronavirus generally doesn’t infect a person through food. However, it is suggested that you handle your food and water with extra care.
Use clean utensils to prepare and serve food. Cook food at higher temperatures and always heat your food for a minute or two before serving. Try to avoid cold food as much as possible.
- Throw Away Extra Packaging: Coronavirus is set to survive on various materials, such as plastic and cardboard, etc. So it is advised that you throw away extra packaging like bags, cardboard boxes, bubble wraps, etc. Also, sanitize all the products once they reach your home. You can keep them aside for 48 hours before opening them.
- Manage Waste Smartly: You should manage your waste smartly during these times.
You should minimize your waste and use organic ways from the kitchen as a fertilizer for your greens. Keep your dustbin covered at all times for that extra dose of protection. Keep your pets clean: Consider bathing at least once a week if you have a furry baby. If you have birds, clean the cages as frequently as possible. Why just coronavirus? Clean their bowls and bed as well. Keeping your pets clean will help you eradicate various kinds of other diseases and infections as well.
- Sterilize Toys and Bottles for Children: If you have a baby, you need to be extra careful regarding them. The cases of children contracting COVID-19 are rising by the day. It would be best if you always sterilized their toys, cutlery, etc. Take them out as little as possible. They are equally exposed to the virus as we are. If you return home from outside, do not touch them unless you have sanitized yourself well with a skin hygiene liquid.
How to Disinfect Your House Further?
Coronavirus can be killed by disinfecting your house. Use quality Ayurvedic hand sanitizer even if you are staying at home. Also, clean your kitchen because it exposes other bacteria and viruses, such as mould, yeast, etc. All this can also lead to severe health issues. It is suggested that you clean your kitchen with diluted bleach every day. Keep the virus at bay by maintaining other things, such as wearing masks when you go out. Do not visit crowded places.
Alcohol-based wipes work wonderfully when it comes to cleaning furniture pieces. It would be best if you also used disinfectants in the bathroom.
When you are washing your clothes, try to use disinfectants for them too. Wear a mask when someone is sick at home and get the test done immediately. Isolate them as soon as you find out that the result is positive. Clean the common surfaces and use a separate bathroom.
Refrain from sneezing or coughing in your hand, and always do it while wearing a mask. If you do, use a sanitizer immediately. Do not shake hands often. Wear gloves if needed. Do not allow visitors at home.
Above all, do not panic and try to remain engaged in work or other activities. Stay positive and try to intake items that would build your immunity. Do not let the pandemic win!