Nothing can enhance your look as a thick mane does. And you can only achieve it by maintaining a few things and taking up a hair care routine that is easy to maintain and effective. If you are dealing with problems like the greasy scalp, dandruff, hair breakage, or a receding hairline, you need to properly take care of your hair.
So without any further delay, let us talk about a few simple things that will make sure that your hair looks dark, dense, and beautiful, and you get thousands of compliments from your friends.
A. Starting a Basic Hair Care Routine
- Choose your hair care products wisely: One of the first things you must do is choose the right shampoo and conditioner. You must understand that if shampoo and conditioner suit your friend, it will not necessarily suit you. It depends on your hair type, so you have to find something that works best for you. We would recommend you to go for sulfate-free shampoo and silicone-free conditioner. Check the label and pick products that will make your head look thicker, silky, and soft.
If you have dry hair, go for hydrating products like butter and other nourishing ingredients. If you have oily or fine hair, go for products with tea tree oil and chamomile. If your hair breaks off, then you must pick shampoos and conditioners with collagen and keratin. Also, pay attention to the kind of hair oil you are using.
Oiling is a must as it nourishes your hair. Something as simple as coconut oil from a good brand can work wonders! It helps in taming frizz and healing breakage. The nourishing properties are great for your hair. It is rich in lauric acid and can be used as a conditioner. If you have dull hair, use it at least twice or thrice a week before shampooing. You can also keep it overnight for that extra softness.
- Wash your hair two to three times a week: Secondly, you must not forget to wash your hair at least twice or thrice a week because your hair is exposed to so much pollution, grease, product buildup, etc. However, please do not overdo it and wash it regularly.
Consider washing your hair with just water on the days you don’t shampoo if you have greasy scalp and hair.
- Do not use hot water: We all love hot showers, don’t we? But that is not recommended for your hair. You must use cool or warm water to rinse your hair so that it does not turn fizzy.
Let your hair dry on its own: We would always ask you to dab your head slightly with a towel and then let it air dry. Do not use your towel roughly on your head when it is wet.
B. Styling Your Hair
Now we will talk about styling your hair. Whether it is for an Instaworthy picture or when you have to go out for a party, you might feel the urge to use hair styling products. However, do not overuse it. A dime-sized amount of product is enough if you have short hair.
You can even use a gel because they are lighter and easier to use.
- Aftercare: After using the product, make sure you use a comb to distribute it throughout your hair. We would recommend you to comb your hair in the direction it grows. If you have curly hair, kindly get hold of a good quality wide-toothed comb to eradicate the tangles in your hair.
Also, experiment with different looks and do not shy away from trying different partings and styles.
- Blow-dry your hair sparingly: You have to understand that blow drying your hair can cause hair damage in the long run. It is a great way to dry your hair but use it when necessary quickly. Let it dry on its own. If you want more volume, then use the hairdryer against the direction of hair growth.
And if you want your hair to lie flat, use it in the direction of hair growth. These are simple tips and tricks that will help you take really good care of your hair.
- Maintain longer hairstyles: If you maintain long hair, try to invest time and effort into it. Deep condition your hair once a week so that it doesn’t become frizzy.
Also, try to use Amla oil as it is very good for your hair. Oil your hair once a week so that it is soft and silky. Using a little amount of oil to wet hair also acts as a live-in conditioner.
If you have no clue, then let us tell you that it helps in reducing premature grey hair, stimulates hair growth, reduces hair breakage, and helps treat scalp infections. It is a pocket-friendly way to combat dandruff as well.
Visit the salon often for trimming: You need to get regular trims if you want your hair to look groomed.
C. Hair Care Tips for Thinning
Now that we have covered everything necessary for maintaining your hair, we will talk about people experiencing hair fall or a receding hairline.
- Massage scalp gently: Massaging increases blood circulation and stimulates hair growth. If you want to grow new hair, use your fingers gently on your scalp. Do not scrub! Quickly search for some nourishing Ayurvedic Hair Oil Products that have the essential nutrients for your hair.
- Maintain a nutritious diet: If you are currently on a protein-deficit diet, it is time to add some meat, eggs, nuts, beans, and other sources to your diet. If you are a vegetarian, please find out the best options for you. Vitamin B and Omega 3 fatty acids are also very important for your hair. Add leafy green veggies, salmon, sardines, avocados, and walnuts to your diet. Take supplements if required.
Hair Care must become a part of your everyday routine. With proper care, you can achieve your dream hair. Remember that consistency is the key. All the best!