Lower back pain is a common phenomenon in women, and it can stem from their spinal anatomy or reproductive anatomy. Men do not have to worry about these back pains because they are specific to females.
In women, back pain increases with age. Some of the possible reasons for lower back pains in females are mentioned below. Before going through them, let’s look at the possible remedies that can help you lead a normal life despite the pain. If you diligently follow the remedies, you might be able to alleviate pain and carry out your daily chores.
Remedies For Lower Back Pain
- It is important to keep moving. Most people live in the misconception that one should not move when one is in pain. But the opposite is true, and you must remain active. You have to carry out your daily activities and not let the pain affect your everyday life. If you become sedentary, you allow your muscles around the spin to become weak. So, in the long run, your spine might lose support and result in long-term pain.
- Massage the affected area with Ayurvedic pain balm. Such balms are typically made of herbal ingredients derived from nature. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties to work on your pain and reduce discomfort instantly. You have to massage the area for a few minutes and make sure to generate heat. Your skin will absorb the balm, and you can feel it working.
- You need to strengthen your body by practicing yoga and tai chi. If you lead an active life, you have to strengthen your muscles through a workout. You have to stretch your body and do exercises that target the lower and upper back.
- You need to maintain a healthy weight to eliminate lower back pain. If you can shed those extra pounds, it will lighten the load on your lower back.
- You can try the ice and heat treatment. Ice will work wonders if your back is bothered by inflammation and swelling. You can also use a heating pad to relax your tight or stiff muscles. The ice or heat treatment must be limited to twenty minutes, and you must not overdo it.
So, these are a few of the remedies you can try at home to reduce and alleviate lower back pain. Continue reading to know some of why you might be experiencing back pain. If you can stay alert, you will be able to ascertain the pain and take quick action quickly.
Possible Lower Back Pain Causes In Women
- Hormonal issues and menopause: One of the common musculoskeletal challenges females face during menopause is chronic low back pain. The majority of perimenopausal women experience symptoms that are tied to estrogen deficiency. So, if you are experiencing such pain, don’t mistake it for cramps. Take action so you can quickly get relief.
- Uterine or menstruation dysfunction: Uterine dysfunctions cause severe and frequent cramping for females during menstruation. It might result in excruciating back pains. You might want to contact your healthcare specialist to treat this condition.
- Endometriosis: It is a chronic condition that might cause lower back pain in women. The condition results from the tissue behaving like endometrial tissue and growing outside the uterus. The tissue responds to the hormonal changes in the body and causes pain, swelling, bleeding, and spotting between periods. Some of the symptoms of this condition are pain upon standing or walking, lower back pain, pain upon ovulation, constipation, pain upon sexual intercourse, etc.
- Spondylolisthesis: The condition occurs when one vertebral body slips against an adjacent vertebral body and results in pain. The pain might radiate through the spine to the back, hip, and into the legs.
These are some of the conditions that specifically impact women’s quality of living because the pain is related to hormonal changes. They are mostly related to pregnancy-related problems or menstruation-related issues.
However, women are also prone to arthritis more than men. Even though this is not a female-specific lower back condition, 70% of women seem to be affected by it. The condition can make the patient live a restricted life, and when the pain is severe, you might not be able to move at all. Therefore, it is important to fix this issue as early as possible. While there’s no treatment, you can alleviate the pain by massaging the painful areas using an Ayurvedic pain oil. The pain oils work the same way as pain balms. You need to gently massage it on the affected areas and let the oil work its magic. When the skin absorbs the oil, you need to give it a few minutes to experience instant relief. You can get up and carry out your daily chores.
For this kind of pain, you need to massage the affected area daily so that your lower back gets enough blood circulation. When the affected area gets enough nutrition and oxygen, the swelling and inflammation will reduce. You can feel the pain subsiding, and you can go about your day as if nothing has happened.
So, these are a few home remedies for lower back pain and the cause of such pain in women. If the condition is not improving and you continue to experience pain, it would be best to see a doctor. But you must not stop massaging the affected areas with a high-quality Ayurvedic pain oil because these oils are already tried and tested. They have been used for centuries and will yield the results you desire. You need to be gentle with yourself and improve your posture.
What remedies are you already implementing to deal with your lower back pain?