Coconut oil is sworn as an all-natural beauty product across the globe. The oil is great for your hair and skin. It offers the required amount of hydration and can make your hair smooth and skin supple. However, in this post, you will be reading about how coconut oil is great for your hair. Also, you will learn about the hair types that should avoid applying coconut hair oil.
The Umpteen Benefits of Coconut Hair Oil
Coconut oil is full of antioxidants and healthy saturated fats. It is widely celebrated as an amazing cosmetic product with various benefits. Some of the awesome benefits of applying coconut oil to your scalp and hair are mentioned below.
- The oil has excellent antifungal and antimicrobial properties, and therefore, it keeps scalp infections at bay. You can also apply the oil to get rid of dandruff and prevent them from coming back again. If you have an itchy scalp or fungal condition, the oil can help offer relief.
- The naturally hydrating properties of coconut hair oil are why most men and women prefer applying this oil. Whether it is summer or winter, your hair needs proper hydration to appear smooth and silky. You can have shiny hair throughout the year if you consider applying coconut oil and including it as part of your hair care regime. So, if you have dry or brittle hair, this oil can be used as a conditioner and moisturizer. It can even keep split ends at bay and handle such other hair problems.
- The oil is also an excellent protector against the sun’s rays, and it can protect your hair against UV damage. You can also apply the oil before going for a swim so that the chlorine in the pool doesn’t affect your hair.
- The oil doesn’t cause any allergic reactions. It typically suits all hair types unless there are any specific conditions that you are suffering from.
Besides these, coconut hair oil is the perfect protective shield against heat. So, when you need to undergo styling treatments, you should remember to apply this oil, and your hair will stay safe.
What are the Popular Ways to Use Coconut Hair Oil?
You can use coconut oil for hair in several ways. But the tried and true methods are as follows.
- Use it as a deep conditioning hair mask to ensure the lost hydration in your hair is restored and your hair feels moisturized.
- You can use it as a detangler after washing your hair and needing to comb it. If your hair feels a bit rough or the shampoo has stripped your hair of its essential oils, you can apply a few drops of coconut hair oil and find your hair to detangle easily.
- Use it to help fight dandruff and keep your scalp clean. It can fight fungal infections and keep dandruff at bay. Even if you are struggling with a lice problem, you can use this oil to deal with it.
If you want to use a coconut hair mask, go through this process for a hydrating and nourishing experience.
- First, you need to bring home a bottle of coconut oil for hair men and women. Ensure to choose a reliable brand so the bottle will be packed with all the healthy nutrients that your hair craves.
- Then, you need to wash your hair properly so that your hair is clean. Let your hair dry, and then you can get started by applying the hair mask.
- You have to take a small amount of coconut oil from your palm and rub it properly. When the oil is warmed up, and in its liquid state, you have to massage it gently through your hair and scalp. It would be best if you used the tip of your fingers to massage the oil gently. Do not let too much oil sit on your scalp, or the pores of your scalp will get clogged. So, you need to continuously massage your scalp properly and let the oil get soaked inside the cuticles and scalp.
- Then, you can wrap a warm towel on your hair and let the oil sit for about thirty minutes. After that, you can rinse it off using a chemical-free shampoo.
Who Should Not Use Coconut Hair Oil?
The things that make coconut hair oil so amazing and suited as a great hair care routine can damage some hair types. Since the oil has a higher concentration of lauric acid, it makes coconut hair oil the best solution to reduce protein loss from hair strands. If you have very fine hair, you will benefit greatly from this added strength, and it will become a huge asset. Your hair will appear to be thicker, shinier, and healthier.
But if your hair is composed of individual strands that are quite thick or you have curly hair, you might consider some other oil for your hair care routine. Instead of smoothening your strands, the oil might exacerbate the stiffness and create a protein buildup. However, applying a few drops shouldn’t ruin your hair and will not even add any extra weight to it. You are going to feel light and soft the entire day.
The Bottom Line
Coconut hair oil is the one ingredient you cannot afford not to add to your hair care routine. It would be best if you made it a point to oil your hair twice or thrice a week to get the full benefit of the oil. You can also use it as a pre-shampoo or post-shampoo hair care routine, and your hair will appear shinier, thicker, and smoother than before. Men and women can use this oil to make their hair better.