Ayurvedic hair oil is South Asia’s best-kept secret to shiny, gorgeous tresses. It has not become a staple at studios, hair salons, and spas across the globe. While there isn’t any surefire way to grow your hair overnight, Ayurvedic oil can unlock the growth potential of your hair.
Ayurvedic hair oil is a time-tested hair care practice, and unlike the long list of hair care products in the supermarkets, it shows results. Since it has been in use for centuries, you can be assured of having luscious, strong, and healthy hair. Furthermore, they’re not made from chemicals that can damage your hair.
What Are Ayurvedic Hair Oils?
Ayurvedic hair oils are made of natural ingredients like herbs, plants, and spices. They help to combat hair issues like dandruff, premature greying, thinning, hair loss, and more. One of the most common herbs used in Ayurvedic oils is neem. Neem is a powerhouse ingredient that stimulates hair growth, fights lice, reduces and even prevents balding, boosts overall scalp health, and more. It has powerful anti-microbial, immunity-boosting, and regenerative properties. Castor, coconut oil, and sesame oil are also common in Ayurvedic oils.
The best quality Ayurvedic hair oil products is a formulation of ten to twelve herbal oils, and some of them are –
- Amla oil (helps in fighting dryness and nourishes hair)
- Bhringraj oil (restores root strength and prevents hair damage)
- Galo oil (promotes hair growth and retains moisture)
- Jasud oil (adds length and volume to the hair)
- Jethimad oil (brings the shine and prevents hair loss)
How to Use Ayurvedic Hair Oils?
Ayurveda is all about patience, balance, and taking your time. You must regularly use the oils to see results and not wait until your hair is brittle or dry. Oiling your hair must be a part of your hair care routine, and it should be done consistently. Some of the steps are mentioned below.
- For deeper penetration through your scalp and hair cuticles, use warm oil. You can place a few spoonfuls of the oil of your choice in a bowl and heat it on a low flame. Ensure the oil is warm.
- On your head, locate the chakra. In Ayurveda, the chakra is considered the center of enlightenment and wisdom of the body. You’ll find the crown chakra 8 fingers above your eyebrows.
- Pour a few drops of oil onto your crown chakra and gently tap using your palm. Tapping is believed to enhance circulation and stimulate follicle growth. After tapping, you need to massage the oil on your crown chakra gently. Then, massage the highest point of your head.
- Evenly distribute the oil across your entire scalp and gently massage your head. Use your fingers to massage your scalp across the back, front, and sides of the apex in circular motions.
- Let the oil sit for a few hours, or you can leave it overnight. But, if you’re leaving the oil overnight, tie a towel on your head or lay it on your pillow so that the oil from your head doesn’t ruin your pillowcase.
- Wash the oil using a mild shampoo.
Why Is Ayurvedic Hair Oil The Ultimate Solution To Your Hair Problems?
Ayurvedic oil is considered the ultimate solution to all hair issues because of the following benefits –
- Keeps The Scalp Cool – Ayurvedic oils fight hair problems and relax the scalp and keep it cool. The best cool hair oil can keep you relaxed throughout the day during summers. It will keep your head cool and make you feel great even if the mercury is rising.
- Treats and Eliminates Dandruff – Dandruff results in hair fall and an itchy scalp. It is a problem suffered by women across the globe, and it keeps coming back. For healthy hair, you must get rid of dandruff. Ayurvedic oil gets readily absorbed in the scalp due to its dense texture. The herbs in the oil fight inflammation and decrease the growth of bacteria on the scalp. You can even heat the oil before applying so that your hair is deeply moisturized and nourished.
- Fights Hair Loss – Hair loss is another common problem that Ayurvedic hair oil can help to prevent. Due to increased pollution, stress, use of chemical treatments or products, bad eating habits, and excessive heat, many people experience tremendous hair damage. The roots of damaged hair are weak, and it results in hair loss. The much-needed nutrients are delivered to the scalp by Ayurvedic hair oils. It gives the hair roots the strength to fight back and prevent hair loss.
- Stimulates Hair Growth – Luscious, long hair is every woman’s dream. However, it is difficult to care for hair, and hair problems don’t make it easy. It has been proven that Ayurvedic hair oils increase the volume and length of hair. Regularly massaging Ayurvedic oils can boost circulation in the roots and promote hair growth.
- Decreases Tension And Stress – An age-old remedy to relax is massaging your hair with warm Ayurvedic oil. It eases the body and clears the head. The herbs found in the oil are even known to impact one’s mental state. The symptoms of tension and anxiety can be reduced, and stress from the body and mind will be released. Furthermore, Ayurvedic oils are a wonderful remedy for those having trouble sleeping at night.
- Adds Shine – You can use Vita oil for hair to condition your hair. It can give your hair that extra boost of smoothness and shine. Ayurvedic oils are known for replenishing dry scalps and fix damaged hair. It also restores the scalp’s natural oils. If you have dry and frizzy hair, start using Ayurvedic oils regularly, and you’ll notice your hair appearing smooth and lustrous.
Ayurvedic hair oil has been a part of the hair care routine across India and South Asian countries for a long time. Today, they’re available in packaged bottles, and you can find them easily. Add it to your regime and see the difference.